As you may recall, the Fuels took all the people requesting chipper services this year and divided them up into 6 groups depending on where people’s homes are located. Our neighborhood is in group 3 which is next. Last week they were finishing with Group 2, but I haven’t received a new update.
So…the chipper is coming very soon. You must have already signed up to participate in this next round. Piles not following these guidelines will not be chipped:
Materials Guidelines — Accepted materials include trees, logs and branches up to 12 inches in diameter, free of nails and wire. The following restrictions apply:
- No construction or building materials, treated lumber, fence posts or signs.
- New home construction sites are not eligible for this program.
- No firewood stacks.
- No shrubs, root wads, stumps, dirt or rocks. These items clog and damage chipping equipment.
- No grass clippings, trash, weeds, bags of leaves or raked needles.
- Piles must be stacked by 8 a.m. on the scheduled chipping day. Chipping will take place Monday through Friday. Improperly stacked piles, and any piles stacked after 8 a.m, may not be identified or collected.
- Stack piles neatly (no bags), with the large ends of branches facing the road.
- Place piles within 5 feet of the roadway, but not touching the road or in drainage ditches.
- Maximum pile size is 5 ‘x 5′ x 5’. There is a 15-pile limit per address for each sign up period.
- After crews have removed your pile, clear away any remaining branches, needles and debris.
- Do not combine piles with neighbors’ piles or place piles in other neighborhoods.
- No piles that have been created by any machinery.
COMMUNITY AMBASSADOR AND WEBSITE TEAM CHANGES
This may be my last communication to you as Community Ambassador because my husband and I bought a house in Lakewood and will be moving soon. We are all most fortunate that Carol Salter (6292 Starlight Dr.) has agreed to take my place as Community Ambassador. I’ve shared all my information with her and will be available if she has any concerns. The firstname.lastname@example.org email address can continue to be used, but those emails will soon forward to her rather than to me.
Our webmaster team has also moved further up the road to Evergreen! We thank them for their incredible service and are in the process of looking for someone to keep our neighborhood website updated. Basic computer skills are needed (knowledge of WordPress would be nice but is not essential), and they are willing to help train a replacement. Please send an email to email@example.com if you are interested.
In my time as Ambassador I’ve been gratified to see so many people mitigating their property and working to make our neighborhood as safe and welcoming to all as possible. You’ve become great neighbors and friends. I hope we can stay in touch.
Your Community Ambassador, Carol Chapman (firstname.lastname@example.org)